Does anyone know when Delvaux bags became so sought after and desired? Excuse my ignorance but I’d never heard of this brand until last year when worldwide fashionistas started sporting Delvaux bags nonstop. So I was asking myself: has this belgium brand always been this big worldwide but I’d never noticed it, or did something happen and BOOM Delvaux fever started?
Please login first to submit.
Couldn’t have said it better myself Pursebop!! I remember exactly when Delvaux came into my radar – seeing @bycamelia with her lovely Delvaux bags instantly caught my attention (naturally she knew of the brand because she lives in Belgium where it originates). I loved the clean classic lines of the Brillant especially. Since they are not available where I live, I waited during a trip to NYC to try them out in person. The first time I was not able to find the perfect size and color for me, but I adored them. Then a second trip to Barneys NYC brought Ms. Snow White into my life – Ivory box Brillant MM… it was love at first sight, and ever since then, the obsession and love with the brand just continues to grow. I have since acquired more Brillants (MM, Mini and bag charm) in my collection and look forward to more :D
As Pursebop said, I think they were very well known in Europe, especially Belgium. Lack of advertising and more traditional colors in the past put them under the radar… Within the past few years, they’ve ventured more into bright colors, unique material and designs, and have opened more stores in Europe and Asia (still no stores in the USA though)… I totally agree that Delvaux popularity is only continuing to rise (although I prefer if they remain more “under the radar” as they currently are).
Delvaux material and craftsmanship are excellent, also hand-made like Hermes. The bags are also guaranteed for their entire lifetime and can be sent back to Delvaux for “spa” just like Hermes. Price point is cheaper than Hermes. And unlike Hermes, there are no “games”… at least for now :p
- WOW, thank you or your amazing answer LeOrangeBliss, very enlightening :) and yes, I think that one of Delvaux´s many charms is exactly the fact that it´s still “under the radar” so only people who like bags and brands will immediately recognize them (what I think is super cool hehe)… hope it doesn´t start with “games” like H hehe. Xoxo
- I agree Patiev, I like the “under the radar” aspect of it, at least for now… hope it lasts a bit longer!! And I hope no games ever either… but they are already doing the seasonal price increase, I hope it doesn’t get as expensive as Hermes :o
- Ugh, already doing the seasonal price increase??? That’s so frustrating LeOrangeBliss :/ specially for someone like me who comes from a country who has always suffered with inflation for everything (i.e. In 2006 car ethanol here in Brazil was R$0.89… Today it’s R$2.19 :/ ) … With all these increases that happens, there goes my dream of a Boy or any other bag (Delvaux included)… But can’t complain, at least I have a few designer handbags to call my own, and I feel blessed to have them :) plus, I’m extremely happy just to admire you beautiful ladies and your handbags! So please do keep sharing your beauties with us! ;)
- You must login to post comments
Well girls…Delvaux is not new to the Eurpoean world but very fresh to USA. Believe it or not it was carried at Saks many years ago but did not succeed in that market. It is exclusively carried at Barneys New York that is known for introducing brands to the US market. Fantastic PR and branding in leading glossy magazines have put it “in our face” as they say. Then once you see and feel the product, it’s game over! I foresee it taking a bold move to the ultra luxury category very soon :)
- Thank you for your perfect answer love!!!
- You must login to post comments