Please login first to submit.
biggest problem for us brazilians is that $2k isn´t $2k for us, it´s at least R$6.6K (converting to our currency)… so it´s extremely expensive for us to buy high end brands….and I mean R$6.6k buying abroad, cuz in Brazil it´s WAY more than that… that´s the reason I always turn to preloved bags… it´s that or replicas, and since I can´t stand replicas, I´d rather buy an authentic preloved bag… and I´ve been extremely lucky so far, all bags I bought arrived in great condition 🙂 anyways, what I meant to say is, I usually allow myself to pay up to R$3k on a bag, but on my currency, meaning: right now I can´t really buy anything cuz R$3K is less than $1k hahaha hoping the dollar goes down.
I can justify paying the retail on a B or K. I’d even be happy to purchase a croc b or k at the store if given the opportunity! Sadly, I live in a country where it’s impossible to purchase from H unless you have a standing VIP account. So people to do two things, wait until they travel, like myself, to try and purchase a bag or more commonly, pay a huge premium and buy through resellers. I’ve always thought that i can’t justify paying $20k for a $11k bag, I mean $11k is already a huge sum! But truthfully… Living here, I’m getting closer and closer to taking the plunge because that’s how everyone purchases their bags and when I come across a holy grail color combo, my wallet screams at me! But thus far, I wait patiently to get lucky on my travels 😛
Sky is definitely not the limit for me, LOL I wish!! For now it’s in the $10-12K USD range (or current price for a B30, K32), and even that nauseates me… I would love to have a small exotic Hermes bag and clutch at some point in the distant future (lizard and croc/gator), but that won’t be for a while…
I can justify around $5-10k on a bag. That range has slowly been creeping up over the months, especially now that I’m starting to fall for Kelly. I’ve also got an urge for an exotic soon but trying to part with 33k for a croc Petite Malle is just too painful
- oh my friend, although those croc petite malles are simply divine, I’d rather you spend that much on an exotic that will hold it’s value. Of course you must follow your heart :), but just my advice as a fellow bag lover! As for a Kelly, OMG, just in case you didn’t know it’s my ultimate weakness at the moment #PurseBopsGoneKellyCrazy
- @Pursebop I truly appreciate the advice :) but I can’t ever see myself parting with my Petite Malles. So whether the bags hold their value well or not, it won’t effect my decisions. I’m more concerned about how little crocodile is actually on the Petite Malle and how inflated the price is! Makes no sense and seems a little greedy :( I’m scared to find out how much a python or ostrich Petite Malle is going to cost.. trying to special order one, but not sure if they are accepting special orders on petite malles yet. Now a croc Kelly I could justify in a heartbeat haha. I’m trying to build up a good relationship with my Hermès SA before I ask her for a Kelly lol! I’ve never had a dedicated H SA until recently so I’ve been buying my coats, sweaters, home goods directly from her.. I’m pretty sure she likes me but I’m still scared to ask her. I’ve never bought a H bag before, mainly because the process and rumors of wait lists put me off. So advice on getting a Kelly would really help :)
- StyledGuy, my advice is to spend the $$ on a exotic H rather than on a PM. Even though the PM is a gorgeous bag, like you sad yourself, the little amount of leather on it doesn´t justify it´s price. But like Pursebop said, you must follow your heart, it´s just my point of view.
- Thanks for the input Valentina, from a logical standpoint, I completely agree. Like Pursebop mentioned, an exotic H is a solid investment but a Petite Malle is uncertain. That being said I don’t purchase my fashion goods for investments, just for fun and because I love them. Still it’s always nice when they hold/increase in value! I’m still lusting after a croc Petite Malle and I can see one in my future.. someday.. hopefully!
- You must login to post comments
Wow, this is so much fun, hello Chanelaholic!I am an avid Hermes collector and have been for years. I have bought many B’s and K’s when they were 5-7K. I know I am dating myself here 🙁
I was at Hermes (had to drive to nearest city) to preview a Birkin 35 I special ordered and nearly fell over when they told me it was 11,900 plus tax. Sadly I am feeling priced out by Hermes too. It’s very hard to justify 13K for a bag when I have spent 6K on the same 5-6 years ago. I read about Chanel prices in Europe going up. Have they here to?
- Guest replied 3 years ago