Well, file this under “that didn’t take long.” Following Thursday’s opening of the new Louis Vuitton’s Texas production facility at which U.S. President Donald Trump spoke and toured, a group is asking shoppers to boycott all products by Louis Vuitton’s parent company LVMH. “Grab Your Wallet” keeps a running list of businesses associated with the Trump family and administration and urges the public not to buy or use products and services from those enterprises. Yesterday, they added LVMH to the list. If you follow the Grab Your Wallet admonition, that puts fashion brands like Louis Vuitton, Dior, Celine, Rihanna’s new Fenty line, and Givenchy, to name a few, on the do-not buy list.
Read about the Texas LV factory opening and your reactions: here
Read your reactions in this explosive IG post: @pursebop
Read more about the proposed boycott: BoF
Your thoughts? Does this affect you? Will you be avoiding LVMH brands?
Please login first to submit.
I find this so odd on multiple levels:
1. LVMH owns so many fashion brands so I don’t think anyone would really boycott
2. They didn’t say they support Trump, he just visited the factory, which brings me to 3…
3. Why would Trump go to a ribbon cutting ceremony for non-US company, a factory that will only employ 150 at it’s start? This seems like something that the mayor of Dallas should do.
4. With everything going on in the world today, why did Trump feel it was necessary to visit this factory? I understand the point of view from LVMH the prestige of having a sitting US president visit your factory is still an honor, even if the president in question is as divisive as Trump.
5. If you’ve seen his supporters at his rallies, they don’t seem like the typical LV customer.
I could go on and on about this, but I need to get back to my life. I’m not a fan of Trump, but I am a fan of LV. I’m not angry at LV, just confused by this and maybe a bit disappointed.
I thought President Trump was responsible for bringing the LV factory to the US? If so, of course he would be there. He brought jobs to the US if so. Boycott just because of President Trump: NO, I don’t think so. So ridiculous.
- You must login to post comments