Aside from the much loved Birkin and Kelly, we’ve explored other Hermes highlights like the Herbag Zip and the whole family of H clutches. For those always on the go, we’re taking the Hermes investigation further with the perfect everyday, errand, and travel bag: The Hermes Jypsiere.
The Hermes Jypsiere first premiered in the Hermes Fall/Winter 2008 collection under the vision of previous artistic director Jean-Paul Gaultier. For many, the Jypsiere looks like a re-interpretation of the Kelly or Birkin Bag in messenger form. Gaultier felt inspired to create a casual, traditional bag with a twist that complemented the nature, hunting, and fishing motif of the 2008 show. The Jypsiere captures the “gypsy spirit”, and is perfect for carrying everything on the go. The swivel clasp, straps, and brackets are reminiscent of the elegance of the Birkin, but the thick strap and rounded body give the bag a casual vibe and encourages functional use.
The Jypsiere contains all the features of a convenient messenger while still looking chic. The bag has a front flap closure and clasps at the center. You can secure the bag by looping the straps through the brackets and connecting them at the clasp. As far as interior, there is a large zip pocket and two open pockets for cell phones and smaller items. The strap is designed with comfort in mind as it is adjustable and embedded with a shoulder pad. The Jypsiere can be worn crossbody or over the shoulder. If desired, the strap is detachable as well. The back of the bag is flat and can rest easily on the side of the hip.
The Hermes Jypsiere comes in 4 different sizes. The number at the end of the name corresponds to the length of the bag. Here are the dimensions in centimeters from small to large (length x height x width):
Hermes Jypsiere 28 (small) -28 x 23.5 x 12.5 cm
Hermes Jypsiere 31 (medium)– 31 x 25 x 14 cm
Hermes Jypsiere 34 (large) – 34 x 26 x 15 cm
Hermes Jypsiere 37 (extra large) – 37 x 29 x 16 cm
Hermes Jypsiere Prices
|Size||Price in USD|
- Functionality – The Jyspiere seems to be all about functional wear. The interior storage and secure closure encourage you to use the bag realistically for toting around your essentials rather than just carrying it for aesthetic.
- Security – Although it can take time to get in and out of, the front closure and clasp ensure the security of your belongings. You can easily carry the bag crossbody during travel to make sure your bag stays tightly next to you.
- Unisex – The silhouette of the Jypsiere is versatile and was designed to be worn by anyone.
- Iconic Look – The familiar straps and clasps elevate the look of this messenger bag and tie it into the Hermes family of classics.
- Best Use – Travel (34, 37) , Errand (34), or Everyday Bag (28, 31)
Read more praises of the Jypsiere in BopTalk Celebrity SwedishandStylish’s thread “Jypsiere Love“
Instagram Eye Candy
Could the Jypsiere become your next go-to bag?