As the end of summer approaches, fall designer collections are making their from the runway to department stores and boutiques. PurseBop loves everything about fall—the layering, the crisp-but-not-too-chilly weather, the flavored lattes, and, of course, the beautiful new handbags.
So, we decided to do an in-depth investigation into Fall 2017’s biggest handbag trends. As we expected, the classic fall styles are as ubiquitous as ever: suede and deep neutral colors, reminiscent of changing leaves. What we were more surprised to see was the sheer number of bags with sequins, embellishments, and metallic colors. The forecast? A shiny fall for handbag lovers!
If you’re feeling a little playful and want to fall into fall with the new trends, sequins and metallics are the perfect way to change things up without going too crazy. Take a look at the eye candy below in 4 different categories: cross body bags, totes, shoulder bags, and clutches.
- Anya Hindmarch Smiley Metallic Leather Crossbody Bag via Nordstrom
- Saint Laurent Monogram Sequined Wallet-on-Chain via Neiman Marcus
- Stella McCartney Falabella Box Mini Wicker Metallic Faux Leather Crossbody Bag via Saks
- Valentino Garavani Rockstud Quilted Medium Camera Bag via Neiman Marcus
- LOEWE Elephant Mini Leather Shoulder Bag via Saks
- Fendi Kan I Mini Scalloped Studded Chain Shoulder Bag via Neiman Marcus
What do you think of the shiny trend (aka sequins, embellishments, and metallics)? Will you be stocking up on any of the new styles? Which handbag is your favorite? Let us know!
Read related articles below:
Fall Trends Part 4: The Review + Top Celebrity Looks
Your Fall Study Guide: Vogue September Issue Bags
PurseBop Springtime Bag Challenge Finalists
10 Stunning Celebrity Spring/Summer Bag Looks
PurseBop’s Top 10 Bags for Summer 2017
Updated: August 25th, 2017